Each year at RWAU’s Annual Conference in St. George, Utah, the Association presents awards to member systems, as well as system personnel who have done an outstanding job of running their water or wastewater system. Most awards are given based on performance in the 2017 calendar year. This is your chance to nominate someone who deserves an RWAU Award for their hard work – even if it’s you!
To nominate for an award, use the links below to fill out the Award Nomination Form. A complete list of the Award Categories with selection criteria can be found below. The deadline to nominate is December 19, 2017. The RWAU Awards Committee will meet shortly after the deadline to select the winners from the nominations.
- Office Personnel Person of the Year Based on accomplishments, overall on-the-job performance, and involvement with RWAU for a Town Clerk, City Recorder, Treasurer, Manager, Administrator, etc.
- Elected/Appointed Official of the Year Based on accomplishments, overall on-the-job performance, and involvement with RWAU for Mayors, Board Chair, Councilperson, Board Member etc. (either elected or appointed.)
- Outstanding Service by a Water Operator Based on long-term, outstanding on-the-job performance (10+ years, distribution or treatment)
- Outstanding Service by a Wastewater Operator Based on long-term, outstanding on-the-job performance (10+ years.)
- Water Operator of the Year Based on extraordinary accomplishments of an individual operator during 2017 who is directly or indirectly responsible for the day-to-day O&M of a water system (distribution or treatment)
- Wastewater Operator of the Year Based on extraordinary accomplishments of an individual operator during 2017 who is directly or indirectly responsible for the day-to-day O&M of a wastewater system.
- Resource Efficiency Award In the past year the water or wastewater system has demonstrated one or more of the following:
- An exceptional level of conservation education and/or implementation that has reduced their water demand per ERC, customer, or irrigated acre, etc.
- Adopted a leak detection or audit system that has reduced unaccounted for water to a level of 15 percent or less (or reduced overall water loss by a significant percentage)
- Implemented management, SCADA improvements, and operational procedures that have reduced pumping energy usage or power demands by a significant level
- Implemented rates or rules/regulations that encourage water conservation
- Implemented educational programs to help the public protect water resources and in their jurisdictional area
- Invested in capital improvements to better conserve water, reduce demands of treatment chemicals, energy, power, gas, or reduce waste
- Implemented some type of recycling or composting program of wastewater or other plant waste materials
- Improved programs to significantly reduce vehicle or equipment miles, emissions, or increase fuel efficiency
- Modeling of system to reduce water re-pumping, leaking PRVs, improve pumping efficiency, etc.
- Most Improved Water System Based on accomplishments and/or improvements of a water system during 2017
- Most Improved Wastewater System Based on accomplishments and/or improvements of a wastewater system during 2017
- Outstanding Water Service to Customers Based on long-term performance (15 + years.)
- Outstanding Wastewater Service to Customers Based on long-term performance (15 + years.)
- Source Water Protection Award Based on accomplishments and/or improvements of a water system during 2017
- Supporting Member Over 10,000 Award Based on long-term performance (3 + years) for nonvoting members
- Supporting Member Under 10,000 Award Based on long-term performance (3 + years) for nonvoting members
- Associate Member of the Year Based on years exhibiting, RWAU magazine advertising, Conference involvement and other above-and-beyond activities with RWAU
Awards Banquet Info
Wednesday, February 28 | 7:00 pm | Dixie Center Ballrooms
Don’t miss your chance to attend the highlight of the Conference—the Awards Banquet! Enjoy a fabulous Dixie Center dinner, watch as your peers (or you!) are awarded for jobs well done in 2017, then enjoy some awesome entertainment!
Award Submission Deadline: December 19, 2017
Banquet Entertainment: TBD
Check back to see who will be entertaining us this year!