The Division of Drinking Water will be on hand in a few of the Conference Center Mezzanine Rooms to assist you in any way you need. See the assistance available and consultation times below. Who Should Schedule a Meeting? Any Public Water System with questions!
- Tuesday, February 27: 1:00—4:30 pm
- Wednesday, February 28: 9:00 am—4:30 pm
- Thursday, March 1: 8:30 am—4:30 pm
Sample Site Plans: Bryce Mezzanine Room
The Division staff will be available here to create new or evaluate existing ample site plane for Coliform, DBPs and Lead and Copper. If you want to take advantage of this opportunity to meet with the DDW staff to evaluate your sampling plan(s) while attending the Conference please bring the following information with you:
- Current sample plan(s)
- A map of your system infrastructure
- Your past DBP sample results
Division Consultations: Zion Mezzanine Room
Division staff will be available in the Zion Mezzanine Room to meet one-on-one with system staff for anything you may need. Possible topics for consultation include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Stage 2 DBP Rule for all remaining systems who disinfect or receive disinfected water on Oct 1, 2013. Please consult with DDW staff if you have not submitted an IDSE report or Stage 2 sample site plan.
- IPS Report review and deficiency corrections
- Monitoring Schedule reviews and updates
- System Inventory reviews and updates
- Operator Certification issues
- Significant Deficiencies
- Corrective Action Plan assistance
- CEU updates, etc.
Engineering & Construction Assistance
The Division’s engineering staff will be available in the Zion Mezzanine room Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday to help those systems that have questions or need assistance. In some cases, we need to gather information in advance in order to assist the water systems. For engineering consulting during the conference, please contact Heather Bobb at 801-536-0093 or email@example.com before the conference. Or stop by the DDW booth to schedule a time with the engineering staff.
- Funding assistance
- System infrastructure plan reviews & physical deficiencies
- Capacity evaluations
- Reduction in source or storage requirement
- Becoming eligible for plan review waivers
Source Protection Assistance
Source Protection staff will be at the conference in the Zion Mezzanine room on Wednesday and Thursday this year to help systems complete and submit their updates, especially plans that are overdue. We will need to do some research or preparation ahead of time before we can help complete the update, so contact Kate Johnson prior to the conference at 801-536-4206 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time to meet and to make sure we’re prepared to help you.
- Status of source protection updates
- PER status for new sources
- Source protection plans, etc.
Cross Connection Consultations: Silver Reef Mezzanine Room
The Division will be available in the Silver Reef Mezzanine room beginning Tuesday morning for Cross Connection help. The full schedule is as follows:
Backflow Basics 101 (Tuesday, 9 am – 12 pm)
This presentation will cover the basics and “Need to Know” elements of cross connection control and backflow prevention principles. The five elements required for an effective Cross Connection Control Program will also be covered. This training will qualify you as “trained staff” in Cross Connection Control.
Cross Connection Program Consultations (Tuesday, 1 pm – 4:15 pm)
The DDW Cross Connection Manager will be hosting an open house Cross Connection Control workshop where you can schedule an appointment by meeting at the Backflow Table in the lower hall, then go up to work on all 5 components of your cross connection control program one-on-one with a Division of Drinking Water staff member. If you have an ‘Authority Statement’ or ‘Ordinance’ signed, please bring a copy to the meeting. Schedule ahead by contacting Gary Rager at 801-536-4498 or email@example.com.
Cross Connection Hazard Assessments and Inspections (Wednesday, 9 am – 12 pm)
Discussion on the elements you need to know to prepare for and conduct cross connection hazard and inspections. We will talk about customer relations, preparation for inspections, effective ways to conduct the hazard assessments, and talk about common cross connections you will encounter when inspecting a facility, as well on how to follow up after the inspection is completed.
Cross Connection Program Consultations (Wednesday, 1 pm – 4:15 pm)
REPEAT SESSION (See full description Under Tuesday Afternoon above)
Backflow Basics 101 (Thursday, 9 am – 12 pm)
REPEAT SESSION (See full description under Tuesday Morning above)
Cross Connection Program Consultations: (Thursday, 1 pm – 3:45 pm)
REPEAT SESSION (See full description under Tuesday Afternoon above)
To schedule a meeting call:
- Sampling Site Plans: Sitara Fredrico – 801-536-4195
- Compliance Issues: Brandi Smith – 801-536-4210
- Engineering & Construction: Heather Bobb 801-536-0093
- Source Protection: Kate Johnson 801-536-4206
- Cross Connection: Gary Rager 801-536-4498
(Or visit the Division of Drinking Water booth during the Conference to schedule a time to meet With the DDW staff.)